Origin recognises the importance of corporate social responsibility.
We are committed to operating ethically and responsibly throughout our businesses.
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct and the relevant policies supporting it define the standards expected for everyone who works for us, in all of our businesses, in every function, geography and role.
It represents our commitment to our values, to doing the right thing, personally and professionally, and outlines the standards by which Origin leaders and employees should operateLearn More
Sustainable Development Goals
Together with our business units, we prioritised the UN Sustainable Development Goals 'SDGs' that are most relevant to Origin and on which we can deliver the greatest impact. Delivering against these goals will require working with multiple partners, private and public and sharing our knowledge, skills and expertise to make lasting change.
We see the greatest opportunity for impact with:
Goal 2 (Zero Hunger);
Goal 5 (Gender Equality);
Goal 8 (Decent work and Economic Growth);
Goal 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production);
Goal 13 (Climate Action); and
Goal 15 (Life on Land).
We are committed to playing a leading role in shaping a future that safeguards the environment, enhances food production systems, promotes green spaces and contributes to economic growth. With the universal impact of climate change, we have a duty to protect our planet through responsible stewardship and the sustainable and efficient use of natural resources.
We will do this by reducing our environmental footprint, implementing proven best practices, investing in scientific research, and cultivating innovative solutions which support responsible and biodiverse activities throughout our value chain.
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Safety is a core value of Origin Enterprises. Health, safety & wellbeing is championed at the highest level by our Board and we are committed to operating in line with our code of conduct and living our values. Our goal is to ensure that we do not put ourselves, colleagues, contractors, customers or the wider public at risk, and to ensure our work activities have a positive influence on everyone’s physical and mental health. We are responsible for ensuring that anyone working on our behalf goes home safe and well every day.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and operate in accordance with the industry codes of practice relevant to our business.
- Demonstrate visible and proactive leadership and provide sufficient resources to deliver our health, safety & wellbeing goal.
- Embed health & safety considerations into business decision making at all levels.
- Implement effective health & safety management systems and seek regular assurance that health & safety is being managed effectively across all our businesses.
- Look for innovative ways to strengthen safety behaviours and challenge ourselves to continually improve performance.
- Foster a culture that promotes engagement at all levels, supporting and encouraging participation of all our employees in improving health, safety and wellbeing.
- Work with our contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure all health & safety risks are appropriately managed.
- Strive to have a positive health & safety influence on the industries and communities in which we work.
One of our core values is community. We aim to contribute to the success of the communities where we operate, combining our global capability and local expertise.
We are committed to making a positive contribution in the societies and communities in which we operate. As a people-centric business, we recognise the need to build strong relations and create economic and social benefits in local communities for the long term. Our Group-wide approach to social responsibility and community action is to support causes aligned to our Vision, Purpose and Values. We encourage active participation by our companies and employees in initiatives that support local communities, through social, educational and charitable activities.
Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
UK Pension Scheme